20.6.11

Portrait 2

Portrait # 2 - Elizabeth Brabham Belgard


About Elizabeth: "I'm 21 years old, from Kinder, Louisiana. I have green eyes, and like to read GOOD books (anything other than romance, pretty much). I have a new obsession with war movies/literature. I love 80's music and indie/folk/bluegrass music. I like antiques, art that features some kind of silhouette (bird silhouettes are my favorite). I love elephants and amaretto ice cream with strawberries. I need lots of "me time", and I'm a night owl, so I take naps a lot during the daytime. I love to go running and work out. I LOVE learning about plants, animals, and other living things, so biology is my favorite subject.  I like to draw, but only when I'm SUPER stressed out. I never draw without a good reason... lol. I'm moving to Japan in an month and I'm about to celebrate my 3rd month of being a wife. OH and I LOVE Scrabble!! And old pictures! Well... all pictures in general. Lol. But especially old ones."

I first met Elizabeth in high school. I was a leader in a local youth group, and she attended the school that was attached to the church with which my youth group was associated. We knew each other more as acquaintances than anything, and I can definitely say that at that point, our relationship was nothing special. Basically we were of the same age and had similar circles of friends. Well, fast forward a year or two, and lo and behold, we are both attending LSU. One day, I was sitting by the clock tower and she passed by. Instinctually, I flagged her down and struck up conversation. We chatted for a while and then traded numbers and expressed wishes to hang out again. Now normally that kind of thing doesn't really go anywhere, but with Elizabeth and I, it actually did. Not only did we get in touch with each other more, but we also grew to have a surprisingly fresh and new friendship. And now, three years later, she is still one of my most trusted friends. Not only is she someone I can talk to about pretty much ANYTHING, but she's also someone who is fiercely loyal to her friends. She's beyond spunky, wonderfully innately artistic, and perfectly down-to-earth about it all. Her outward beauty is only surpassed her inner. A few things I've learned about her? She's distinctly independent, yet devotedly in love with her recent husband, Andy, who is in the military. She hates the nickname Lizzie, but will be completely content with Betty. She is always up for an adventure, and would hop on a plane to fly across the world in a heartbeat. She sings. She plays guitar. She's smart. Whenever people talk about 'the whole package', an example is Elizabeth. Since I got to college, she's been one of my favorite models to photograph, and she will be sorely missed while overseas. 


Here's a few more shots of her:











No comments:

Post a Comment